Yacht Pals has compiled a list of the major steps (and steps backward) of sailing in 2009. Check out their article, and reminisce about the WYC's own steps forward.
POSTED BY ERIN JOHNSON
Now that 2009 is rapidly coming to a close, it's fun but also beneficial to look back on events of the past year that were both good and bad. Yacht Pals did so for the entire sailing community, you can read it here.
It got me thinking about the past year here in the Washington Yacht Club, and some of the high points throughout the year. I talked to a few members and consulted my own memory to come up with this list, and I encourage you to add your favorite WYC moments of 2009.
1. The launch of the new website.
2. The addition of the Hobie 20 to our fleet.
3. The increase in student participation at meetings. As Andrew C. said, "This is the first time I've ever seen more than two students show up at meetings regularly, ever."
4. Fall Snooze n' Cruise; even though we didn't get to Blake, we still had a great time.
5. The continual effort to share sailing knowledge and enthusiasm and, similarly, an obvious love of sailing and teaching in our members.